Tuesday 15 June 2010

Surprising or not?


 North Korea team supporters (by Bình Nguyên)

I went to the bar to support North Korea as I thought they wouldn't have many fans. It seemed that I was right when the TV showed only a dozen of North Korean people in their uniforms and with small hand-held national flags in the stadium. Interesting enough, most people (about 75-75%) in the bar were with North Korea: When the team had a good ball they cheered much louder than when Brazil did. Near the end of the first half the voice was so loud that I had to look at the behind when I discovered a large North Korean national flag! What a surprise! I had a chat with the guy who bought the flag online (he's on your right hand side) and came with his friends. He supports North Korea for the similar reason as myself. Then I thought: Ok, may be everyone supports that team because he/she thinks that no one will be with them! It seems that supporting the minority, the weak, the suffered is something pretty natural. That's something nice about the human being :-) And honestly, what the North Korea players showed proved that they well deserved the supports: They played confidently with strong attitudes.

Brazil's show was not much impressive today. They should do much better if they want to go to the final and be champion again. Come on, we all want to see your superb skills!!!